If your car breaks down, you get stranded, or your car is disabled in a car accident, do you have everything you need until help arrives?
A car safety kit can help you avoid car accidents, treat wounds, and possibly save your life. We hope you never have a true emergency. But, if you do, it’s important to be prepared!
Here are our Dallas accident attorney’s suggestions for you car safety kit.
- A flashlight and extra batteries
- Glow sticks
- Emergency road flares
- A battery operated radio and spare batteries
- A car fire extinguisher
- Seat belt cutter/window breaking tool
- Jumper cables
- A basic first-aid kit
- Antibacterial wipes or hand sanitizer
- Baby wipes
- Tissues or paper towels
- Clean towels
- A pack of gallon bags or old grocery bags
- Two large garbage bags
- Bungee cords
- A blanket with a waterproof backing
- Emergency survival blanket
- Rain ponchos for each family member
- A spare sweater or light jacket for each family member
- A pair of heavy-duty gloves
- Non-perishable snacks like granola bars or cheese crackers
- Two gallons of water, replaced every six months
- A water bottle for each passenger
- A backpack in case you need to leave your car
- Your cell phone
- A free copy of Biggest Mistakes Drivers Make After an Accident
P.S. If you have young children, it is never a bad idea to keep extra diapers, toys, formula, and bottles in the car!