Yes, it is possible that your bike accident was caused by poor road design, dangerous road conditions, or an improperly maintained property. Whether or not you have a valid personal injury claim after a bicycle accident depends on a number of factors related to your specific incident.
Here are just a few important questions you should ask if you believe your bicycle accident was caused by a problem with the road:
- Should my bike accident have been prevented by the entity that maintains the road?
- Did the entity that maintains the road know about the issue that caused your crash?
- Did other accidents take place in the past in the same area and for the same reason?
- Was the road hazard an obvious danger?
- Should you have seen the danger and avoided it on your own?
- Do you fear that other cyclists will suffer accidents and injuries in the same place in the future?
Cities, towns, and counties have a responsibility to keep their roadways reasonably safe and free from hazards. In addition, private property owners have a similar responsibility. To learn more about your possible Texas bike accident case, call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313 today.