If your child suffers a head injury while in childcare, it is vital that you gain a clear understanding of exactly what happened, how it happened and why it happened. Accidents happen every day at daycare centers around Texas – from minor bumps on the head and falls to more serious injuries that could require medical attention and result in long-term consequences. While some daycare injuries are truly accidents in nature, others are the result of daycare neglect or abuse.
If your child has suffered a head injury, be sure to get as much information as possible about the accident. Start by having your child examined and treated by a doctor as soon after the incident occurs as possible. And get answers to these questions:
- What caused the head injury? How did it happen? Who were the witnesses?
- Was my child being properly supervised at the time of the head injury?
- Was my child injured due to a hazardous condition at the daycare?
- Is it possible my child’s head injury was caused by a physical assault or physical abuse?
- Does the daycare have a history of neglect or abuse, including formal charges?
- Does the daycare use camera surveillance? If so, was the incident captured on video?
- Did the daycare make an appropriate response to your child’s head injury?
Head injuries can have extremely serious consequences, especially for children. It is imperative that you understand how your child’s head injury occurred and that the person or entity at fault for the injury takes responsibility. To learn more about your case, and to get your questions answered, contact Rasansky Law Firm, the most successful daycare abuse attorneys.