In far too many cases, physical daycare abuse goes unchecked in Texas because children are not able to tell their parents what is happening to them. Because young children often do not have the ability or understanding to report daycare abuse, it is all the more important for parents to look for the signs of physical daycare abuse:
- Your child flinches when you raise an arm.
- Your child experiences sleep disturbances.
- Your child has unexplained bruises or other injuries.
- Your child suddenly becomes withdrawn.
- Your child suddenly changes behavior or becomes aggressive.
- Your child voices excessive fear of going to daycare.
- Your child’s behavior regresses – they become very clingy.
See more: Signs of Abuse in Daycare