Sexual abuse at daycare can be absolutely devastating – and in many cases, parents ask themselves why they didn’t know that there was a problem sooner. Children are often too young to tell their parents about sexual abuse, or else they have been threatened by their abuser not to tell. Be sure to look out for the red flags of daycare sexual abuse:
- Your child suddenly becomes withdrawn.
- Your child’s behavior regresses to infant-like actions, such as clinging.
- Your child begins displaying inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Your child shows an unusual interest in sexual topics.
- Your child shows abnormal sexual knowledge.
- Your child becomes inordinately fearful of certain people or places.
- Your child becomes anxious about attending daycare.
- Your child displays sleep disturbances and nightmares.