(214) 651-6100
1-877-405-4313 (toll-free) Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers
Send us an email! Call us!
by Staff - June 20, 2014


A scooter does not fall under the classification of a normal passenger vehicle, so it is necessary to register it as a moped or motorcycle and requires a class M license. Under the legal definition of a moped, it must meet the following criteria:

  • Must be unable to achieve speeds more than 30 miles per hour.
  • The piston displacement must be no more than 50 cubic centimeters.
  • The operator must not be required to shift gears.

If a two-wheeled vehicle fails to meet all three of the above criteria, the owner must register it as a motorcycle. If the scooter or moped DOES meet those three requirements, you’re eligible for a “K” restriction. This basically means that you are exempt from taking a motorcycle test, but you’re also restricted from driving a motorcycle (even though you posses an M license).

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2017 Rasansky Law Firm - Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers. All Rights Reserved.