When employers don’t want to pay, call Rasansky Law Firm.
Do you know your rights as a worker in Texas? If you believe that your employer owes you money for work that you have completed for them, it is absolutely vital that you understand both state and federal wage laws – laws that protect workers from not getting things like overtime pay, minimum wage, and their final paycheck after their employment is over.
There are a number of valid reasons you can sue your employer for unpaid wages in Texas:
- Your employer went out of business before paying you for your time.
- You quit your job or were laid off – and were never paid for the last weeks of work.
- Your employer did not pay you for overtime.
- Your employer did not pay you time and a half for overtime work.
- Your employer miscalculated your hours working.
- Your employer improperly classified the work you were doing.
- Your employer knowingly withheld wages from you.
- Your employer has not paid you in a timely manner.
- Your employer has not given you pay for unused vacation days
- You were not paid hazard pay correctly.
- You were not paid minimum wage.
- You were not paid according to federal wage laws.
- You were not paid according to Texas wage laws.
- You were not paid according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Of course, it is also important to understand that there are a number of valid reasons that employers do not pay wages that you should keep in mind:
- You did not show up for work to earn the wages.
- Your wages were garnished by a third party for child support, unpaid taxes, or an outstanding debt.
- You have not yet returned all of an employer’s property after finishing employment.
- You’re an exempt employee.
If you are a Texas worker who has simply not been paid fully for the time and effort you put in-to your job, call us. You may be struggling with bills, financial problems, and the stress of supporting yourself and your family. Get the wages, paychecks, and overtime pay that is legally owed to you.
At Rasansky Law Firm, we are committed to helping workers get their fair pay under the law and recover unpaid wages from past employers. If you would like to get your questions answered by a Dallas unpaid worker attorney and learn more about your possible case, call us today at 1-877-405-4313. We offer Texas workers a free, confidential consultation. If we take your case, we’ll do so on contingency – meaning you don’t pay anything unless we win your case.