There’s no doubt that car crashes are traumatic. Even fender-benders can leave us feeling shaken up for a few days – imagine how it feels to have been involved in a serious accident that results in life-threatening injuries. It is no surprise that many car accident victims can suffer from panic attacks, anxiety issues, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias following a severe wreck.
Traffic accident injury victims could find themselves struggling with the following issues in the days, weeks, and months after an incident:
- Anxiety surrounding driving a car.
- Anxiety surrounding being a passenger in a car.
- Chronic feelings of tension, restlessness, or jumpiness.
- Fear of future crashes or car wrecks involving loved ones.
- Panic attacks – either related or unrelated to the crash.
- Sleep disturbances such as night terrors or bad dreams.
- Insomnia or troubled sleeping.
- Phobia surrounding cars or driving.
- A vague sense of dread or fear.
- Problems with concentration or memory.
Although some of these feelings could pass naturally or fade away with time, some car accident victims may feel symptoms of anxiety and panic long after a crash. In these cases, it is imperative to speak with your doctor about your accident and begin treatment for your condition. You do not deserve to live your life filled with these chronic fears and worries, and there is therapy and medication that can help you control your illness and return your life to a more normal state.
Here are a few physical symptoms of anxiety:
- Rapid heart beat.
- Shortness of breath.
- Gastro-intestinal issues.
Are you suffering from feelings of anxiety, fear, and phobia following a serious traffic accident that was caused by negligence? Just like a physical injury, you may deserve compensation for your medical bills and mental anguish. Speak with a Texas car accident injury attorney today about your case.