Back injuries are unfortunately common, and can occur in a variety of ways.
Individuals suffer back pains from any number of causes including sports injuries, injuries sustained at work, or in a car accident. Common symptoms of this personal injury include back stiffness and tenderness of overlying muscles in the back, as well as pain that travels down a leg, numbness of the leg, or leg weakness.
Many people experience back pain in the lower section of their back. Sprains and strains, herniated disks and fractured vertebrae are all common back injuries that can limit one’s mobility.
An individual can injure their back in a variety of different ways. Because of the many different causes and types of back injuries, there is no definitive list of all causes of this personal injury. Most back problems may be the result of a combination of factors. Some of these factors include:
- Force – If an individual applies to much force upon their back, this may cause back injury. Lifting and moving heavy objects can frequently do this.
- Repetition – A certain movement, done in repetition, can result in back pain. If the back is stretched to its limit or outside the normal range of motion, it can lead to muscle fatigue and eventually back pain or injury. Many people suffer back pain of this sort from work-related activities.
- Stress – Many individuals experience undue pressure that builds up the stress level. This can lead to tension or tightness in the back muscles, and in turn, lead to eventual back pain.
- Posture – Being in one position over an extended period of time can lead to back pain. On average, an adjustment to the posture should be made about every 20 minutes.
Common places where back injuries occur.
- Work Accidents – Back injuries affect over 600,000 employees each year. It can be brought on by repetitive activity or because of a single event such as a fall.
- Home Accidents – When individuals perform yard work or household tasks, they can overexert themselves. This can happen when lifting heavy items such as tree limbs or by maintaining an uncomfortable posture when gardening.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Whiplash is the most common type of injury in car accidents. Common signs of back injury include serious pain in the lumbar or lower back, and can include sprains and strains.
- Slips and Falls – Slips and falls commonly affects those who are over 45 years of age. Slip and fall accidentss can happen anywhere – whether in a public supermarket, at work, playing sports or doing home tasks.
Rasansky Law Firm is committed to being an advocate for individuals who suffer pain due to someone else’s negligence. If you feel that you or a loved one may have a case, do not hesitate to email us using the form on this page or call us directly at 1-877-405-4313. Our team will gladly review the facts of your situation for no charge.