A Texas woman is suing a home health care provider after her mother died while under their medical supervision. The Texas medical malpractice lawsuit claims that the home health care company’s negligence was responsible for her mother’s morphine overdose and death.
According to local new sources, VITAS Innovative Hospice Care was caring for Mary Doltroff of Spring, Texas, during the summer of last year. On July 1, 2011, a nurse caring for the woman gave her the wrong dose of the powerful painkiller morphine – a mistake that led to her death and a mistake that was admitted by the nurse.
Now, Doltroff’s daughter, Anastasia Robson, has filed a Texas medical malpractice lawsuit against the health care company stating with the help of a Houston medical malpractice attorney. The complaint, which claims that Doltroff had her life cut short by a preventable medication error, was filed in a Harrison County court. Robson is seeking unspecified damages as well as court costs in this case.
The Texas medical malpractice attorneys at the Rsansky Law Firm understand that medication errors involving powerful prescription drugs like morphine can be fatal – and happen all too often in Harris County hospitals, nursing homes, care facilities, and hospices. We send our sincere condolences to the friends and family of Mary Doltroff.