A car may have won the battle on the road, but a personal injury lawyer can win the battle in the courtroom.
Cars and all moving vehicles must be attentive to bicycle riders. Drivers of cars must treat bicycists with the same respect as other drivers and must certainly obey and observe the same laws. Ignorance of the laws will not protect a negligent or careless driver for causing serious personal injury to a bicycle rider. Our bike accident lawyers have seen the damage cars cause to cyclists first-hand.
Staggering bicycle accident statistics.
Careless and negligent drivers causing serious personal injury to bicycle riders and bicyclists have resulted in some staggering statistics.
- A bicyclist is fatally injured every 6 hours.
- Nearly one million children are injured each year in bicycle related accidents.
- Nearly half of all bicycle fatalities occur to children under the age of 16.
- 75% of all serious injuries and fatalities from bicycle accidents are from head injuries.
Bike accidents are typically caused by inattentive drivers because of the following reasons:
- A driver turning directly in front of a bicyclist.
- A car entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulls out into traffic in front of the bicyclist.
- A driver’s failure to yield at an intersection or running a stop sign or red light.
- A driver’s inattention while driving past a bicyclist.
- An automobile driver’s failure to look both ways when resuming travel after stopping at a stop sign.
- A drunk or impaired driver.
An increase of bike traffic may lead to an increase in auto-bike accidents.
Many cities now recognize the increase in bike traffic and have constructed special bike lanes. Parks have now made bike trails accessible to bicyclists and bike riders. However, many drivers do not respect the bicyclists’ rights to share the roads and, more importantly, many bike riders have not been educated on how to legally and safely share the roads with automobiles. That’s where our bike accident lawyers can help!
If you would like more information regarding bike-versus-car accidents or other types of automobile accidents, please, review our library and blog sections fo this site. We update all content regularly and take pride in providing free resources on a variety of subjects.
If you or a love one has been injured in a bike accident, contact one of our Dallas bike accident attorneys online or call the Rasansky Law Firm and let us put our years of experience of work for you today.
Speak With a Dallas Personal Injury Lawyer For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.