Have you been injured due to the negligence of a nursing professional in Dallas?
Nursing mistakes occur when a nurse fails to follow the nursing process. In a hospital, nursing home or home health care environment, nurses have a duty and responsibility to:
- Assess the patient’s condition;
- Make Nursing Diagnosis related to the patients’ condition;
- Plan appropriate nursing care related to her assessment and nursing diagnosis;
- Intervene, when appropriate, if the patient’s condition changes; and
- Evaluate her nursing care, diagnosis, and nursing interventions and determine if a new nursing plan of care needs to be implemented.
Nursing malpractice or nursing negligence occurs when a nurse fails to act as a reasonably prudent nurse under the same or similar conditions.
Doctors are not the only ones who can be sued for medical malpractice.
Many people do not realize that doctors are not the only potential parties that can be sued for medical malpractice. In fact, nurses, chiropractors, therapists, psychologists and dentists are potential parties to a medical malpractice claim.
Examples of nursing mistakes.
When nurses fail to act within the standard of nursing care, they can be sued for nursing malpractice. Examples of nurse malpractice include:
- Failure to monitor vital signs
- Failure to monitor test results
- Failure to follow a physician’s order or instructions or asking for clarification
- Failure to notify or report changes in patient condition
- Failure to prevent medical complications
- Failure to prevent patient injuries
- Failure to administer proper medication
- Failure to monitor for side effects or complications arising from medications
Free legal consultation
Contact the nursing malpractice lawyers NOW for a FREE legal consultation regarding your personal injury case. Put our nursing mistake experience to work for you. We serve injury victims over Texas, Oklahoma and the entire United States.
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers can help alleviate all of your concerns and answer all of your questions. You should choose a nursing malpractice lawyer who has the resources to fight for your rights and protect your interests. Contact the Rasansky Law Firm to learn more about the laws of medical malpractice and to review the details of your case!
Speak With a Dallas Medical Malpractice Lawyer For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.