Are you one of the thousands of people hurt every year by a dangerous or defective product? Call 1-877-405-4313 today.
Dangerous and defective products are everywhere!
While any defective or poorly-designed product can lead to an injury, here are some examples of the most-common product liability claims:
- Defective Medical devices and dangerous prescription drugs have been known to cause unexpected adverse health effects.
- Hospital beds or beds in nursing homes may be equipped with unsafe bed rail systems that cause entrapments.
- Household products like children’s toys, clothing, kitchen appliances, power tools, lawn mowers, and even firearms are common targets of product liability claims.
- Food can be recalled after being tainted or improperly handled, leading to consumer health problems or even death.
- Equipment or appliances can generate excessive heat or throw sparks, igniting nearby materials and causing damage to people and property.
- Defective automobile parts can cause car accidents resulting in injury.
You are protected by product liability laws.
There is an entire field of law dedicated to protecting consumers like you. It is called product liability law. These laws govern how products are designed, manufactured, marketed, sold and recalled.
Our Dallas product liability lawyers understand that because of these laws, every person or company in the product’s chain of custody (the designer, parts supplier, manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, etc.) could potentially be held liable for damages if a product injures an individual because it was dangerous or defective. There are several different ways that a product manufacturer or supplier can be held responsible for injuries caused by a dangerous product, such as:
- Design defect – Because of their poor design, these products were already unsafe before they were even manufactured. Even if the product is used properly and works as designed, a design flaw can make it inherently (and unnecessarily) dangerous. A design flaw will effect every unit that is made, making this type of defect extremely widespread. It is a product liability lawyer’s responsibility to hold designers accountable for their mistakes, and ensure that the company isn’t putting profits over safety.
- Manufacturing defect – Sometimes a product is designed well, but is built or manufactured incorrectly. Sometimes only a few products may be defectively manufactured, while other times the defect is widespread. Nonetheless, a product liability law firm knows that it’s not about the number of injuries, because each victim has a valid grievance.
- Marketing defect – If consumers are not properly instructed on the proper use, maintenance requirements, or potential dangers of a product, there could be what is called a “marketing defect.” Manufacturers who fail to provide adequate warnings on how to use or assemble a product–or who fail to warn consumers about dangers associated with a certain product–may face a product liability lawsuit.
If you feel that you have been injured because of a defective or otherwise unsafe product, you may be entitled to seek monetary damages under Texas product liability law. Dallas product liability attorney Jeff Rasansky and his firm of legal experts can give you the best chance at recovering the compensation you deserve. Please call 1-877-405-4313 or email us about your case today, and let us fight for you! We can hold accountable those responsible for the pain and suffering caused to you and your family.
Speak With a Dallas Personal Injury Attorney For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.