Is your employer committing Medicare fraud? Our Dallas lawyers can help you become a whistleblower and pursue a monetary award. Call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313.
Healthcare benefits under Medicare pay for much-needed medications as well as medical procedures a patient needs when faced with serious health issues. Medicare fraud takes these dollars from those who need them and puts them in the pockets of people who only think of themselves. Medicare Fraud whistleblowers thus play an important role in safeguarding federal money meant to go to those who need it the most.
Medicare fraud whistleblowers in Texas are often afraid to come forward.
Whistleblowers are usually reluctant to come forward and admit that they saw fraud happening at their workplace. One of the major reasons for this fear is the risk of retaliation from their employer. However, with a bit of research, you’ll discover that the government provides protection to these individuals, as well as compensation, for their valiant efforts when it comes to reporting Medicare fraud.
Here are some of the most common Texas Medicare fraud scenarios:
- False claims regarding services not provided: hospitals and health professionals may decide to bill the government for a service that wasn’t offered to their patients.
- Upcoding, which basically means charging the government more than the normal price for a treatment code as stipulated by hospital payment codes.
- Kickbacks that hospitals give to physicians in the form of monetary or other gifts in order to have the said physician to refer his future patients to the hospital.
- Violations that include doctors referring patients to healthcare centers where they have a vested interest in.
- Billing for services that are deemed as unnecessary: This could include billing patients for procedures they didn’t need in the first place.
- Fragmented billing which involves a doctor breaking down one procedure into smaller and separate procedures just so they can bill the patient and government a higher amount than is needed.
- The off-label marketing of a drug by a company that provides medications to treat conditions that are not indicated by the manufacturers, all the while providing physicians and hospitals with kickbacks in the form of monetary compensation, seminars inclusive of free air tickets and meals.
- Misrepresenting the amount of money it takes to run a hospital in order to get more money from the government via Medicare.
Witnessed what you believe to be medicare fraud? Let us help you recover the compensation you’re owed!
Rasansky Law Firm has extensive experience when it comes to dealing with whistleblower protection cases, and we understand the process one needs to take should they have information to report as a Medicare fraud informant. Please contact us at 1-877-405-4313 for more information into your legal options.
Speak With a Dallas Whistleblower Lawyer For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.