Dallas Product Liability Lawyers
Are You One of the Thousands of People Hurt Every Year By a Dangerous or Defective Product?
Every year thousands of men, women and children are hurt because of dangerous or defective products. Our Dallas product liability lawyers know that injuries from a defective product can range from mild bumps, bruises, or burns to fractures, concussions, serious brain injury, paralysis and death.
Dangerous and Defective Products Are Everywhere!
Some examples of how dangerous or defective products can affect you:
- Medical devices, drugs and pharmaceuticals can cause unexpected adverse effects or death
- Hospital beds or beds in nursing homes or long-term care facilities can have dangerous bed rails that cause entrapments
- Household products like toys, clothing, kitchen appliances, power tools, lawn mowers and accessories can malfunction or harm children, adults or bystanders
- Food can be recalled after being tainted or improperly handled, leading to consumer health problems or even death
- Equipment or appliances can generate excessive heat or throw sparks, igniting nearby materials and causing damage to people and property
- Automobile parts can be defective, contributing to accidents that injure or kill passengers in cars, trucks and other vehicles
If you are one of the thousands hurt every year by a dangerous or defective product, you may be wondering: now what?
You Are Protected By Product Liability Laws
There is an entire field of law dedicated to protecting consumers like you. It is called product liability law. These laws govern how products are designed, manufactured, marketed, sold and recalled. Our Texas product liability lawyers understand that because of these laws every person or company involved in selling a product (the designer, parts supplier, manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, etc.) can be held accountable if a product injures an individual because it was dangerous or defective.
There are several different ways that a product manufacturer or supplier can be held responsible for their dangerous products:
- Design defect: Because of their poor design, these products had a problem before they were even built. Even if the product is used properly and works, a design flaw can make it dangerous. A design flaw will affect every product that is made, making this type of defect widespread. Product liability lawyers hold designers accountable for their mistakes.
- Manufacturing defect: Sometimes a product is designed well, but is built or manufactured incorrectly. In this case, only a few products may be defective or dangerous, while others are constructed properly. Nonetheless, a product liability law firm knows that the few mistakes that do slip through can result in injury or death.
- Marketing defects: If consumers are not properly instructed on the use, maintenance requirements, or potential dangers of a product there could be a marketing defect. Manufacturers who fail to provide adequate warnings how to use or assemble a product or if they fail to warn consumers about dangers associated with a certain product may face a product liability lawsuit.
Please contact us about your dangerous or defective product case, and let us fight for justice and hold those responsible accountable for the pain and suffering they have caused you and your family.