Dallas Slip & Fall Lawyer (Premises Liability)
More Practice Areas : Slip and Fall | Premises Liability
Slip and Fall Accidents Caused by Unsafe Property
Property owners and businesses have a duty to provide a safe environment for people visiting their property. When they fail to do so, and an individual is injured on the property owned or maintained by someone else, then the landowner or business may be held legally responsible by a slip and fall lawyer for the visitor's injuries, including the injured person's medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
The most common occurrence of premises liability involves cases in which someone slips and falls due to a hazard on the property, such as a restaurant patron slipping on spilled food or drinks.
Other Common Examples of Premises Liability Claims Include:
- Tripping on broken or cracked sidewalks, stairs or escalators
- Being trapped in a burning building because of inadequate means of escape
- Being attacked as a result of inadequate security
- An attack from a property owner's dog
- Exposure to toxins while on the property of another
In most cases, the injured party must prove that the premises were hazardous or dangerous when the injury occurred and that the owner knew of the danger. In short, the property owner might be responsible to the injured party if:
- The owner fails to maintain the property or creates a condition that may result in an injury
- The owner knows about a hazard or danger and expects that people will come onto his or her property but
- Does not eliminate the danger;
- Fails to create barriers around the dangerous or hazardous condition; or
- Fails to warn people about the dangerous or hazardous condition
- The owner's actions cause damage to his or her neighbor's property.
Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Can Help YOU
If you or someone you know has been injured or worse by any of the dangers above, you will want to speak to our slip and fall lawyers immediately. Time is not on your side and you may lose your chance at receiving cash damages for what happened. Our premises liability attorneys can review your case free of charge and discover what your best legal option is.