Has a doctor’s misdiagnosis caused further harm to you or a loved one?
Medical malpractice lawsuits are varied in scope and type, and misdiagnosis is fast becoming a common reason for filing such a lawsuit. When a doctor fails to diagnose your condition in a timely manner or misdiagnose you, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. However, it’s not as easy as it seems; there are various factors that need to be in place if you want to have a successful shot at winning your case.
Doctors are expected to provide their patients with a certain level of care that’s acceptable with regard to the medical standard of care. When he or she breaches this standard, the patient may be able to file a lawsuit to recover compensation.
Some of the common reasons for misdiagnoses malpractice include:
- Misinterpreting lab results.
- Failure to consult with a patient on his or her symptoms.
- Failure to screen for a particular condition.
- Failure to investigate and follow up other causes of the symptoms that the patient may be suffering.
Simply misdiagnosing a medical condition does not mean the doctor has committed malpractice. In order to have a case, the following need to be present:
- The doctor-patient relationship should have existed at the time of the misdiagnosis.
- Negligence on the part of the medical professional resulted in the misdiagnosis. At the same time, it must be shown that the doctor did not act in a prudent and reasonable manner compared to how another doctor would have acted.
- The patient suffered some type of injury or medical deterioration as a result of the misdiagnosis.
In order to prove that the three variables were present, your lawyer may need to look at medical reports, speak with countless expert witnesses, as well as carry out extensive research. Because it may be difficult to prove medical malpractice in Texas, it’s important to seek out the services of an experienced Dallas misdiagnosis attorney to make sure that you get the outcome that you deserve.
Get legal help today.
Rasansky Law Firm has a team of dedicated medical malpractice lawyers ready to take on your case so you can get your life back on track. Please call us at 1-877-404-4313 or fill out our web form right now. We offer free initial consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we won’t charge you a cent unless we win your case for you.
Speak With a Dallas Medical Malpractice Attorney For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.