Community, Professional & Civil Involvement
At Rasansky Law Firm, we are committed to helping improve the communities in which we live and work. While we focus on making our communities safer by demanding that individuals, companies, and manufacturers are held accountable when they act irresponsibly, we also believe we can help in other ways.
As leaders in the community, we believe it is our responsibility to donate our time and talent to organizations that have a positive impact on the lives of those in Dallas, as well as across the nation.
We believe in good corporate citizenship, and our attorneys take their responsibilities seriously. In addition to the volunteer work that each of us does on our own, Rasansky Law Firm donates time, effort, and financial support to various organizations, such as:
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Rasansky Law Firm has long been a supporter of MADD, and this year we were proud to be the presenting sponsor (and top fundraising team) of the Walk Like MADD event in Dallas on September 19th, 2015.
We understand that in many cases, monetary compensation will never fully make up for the debilitating and life changing injuries that many accident victims face, and we hope that combining our efforts with those of the volunteers at MADD will allow this organization to achieve more success in their mission.
Through fundraising events such as Walk Like MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving is able to provide victim services at no cost to thousands of people, including support from trained victim advocates and a network of peers, guidance through the judicial process, one-on-one support, and a 24-hour help line.
- Presenting sponsor of Walk Like MADD, Dallas, 2015.
- Supporting sponsor of Walk Like MADD, Dallas-Fort Worth, 2011.
- MADD Red Ribbon Week supporter.
- MADD-approved attorney for victims of drunk driving.
Texas Access to Justice Foundation
The Texas Access to Justice Foundation is the primary state-based funding source for the provision of civil legal aid in Texas.
In 2009, the TJAF presented Jeff Rasansky and a former partner with the Cy Pres: Impact on Justice Award in recognition of a recent cy pres donation of $230,160.00.
“Community service and charitable giving has always been a hallmark of our firm,” says Mr. Rasansky. “But this case represented a unique opportunity by allowing us to structure a settlement that not only benefited our own clients, but also provided significant legal aid assistance to those people in the state of Texas who may not otherwise have a chance for equal and fair justice.”
Various Leadership Positions
Jeff Rasansky is actively engaged as a volunteer leader and has formerly served in various leadership positions in the Dallas community, including:
- President of his synagogue (Congregation Shearith Israel, 2005-2007).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas (2011-2013).
- Executive Committee Member of the Jewish Federations of North America (currently serving on its national Board of Trustees).
- Board member, Dallas Trial Lawyers Association.
- Board member, Jewish Community Center.
- Board member, Jewish Family Service.
- Board member, Dallas Holocaust Museum and Center for Education and Tolerance.
- Board member, Solomon Schechter Academy.