If your child suffers a head injury while at daycare, it is vital that you gain a clear understanding of exactly what happened, how it happened, and why it was allowed to occur. Accidents happen every day at daycare centers around Texas – from minor bumps on the head to more serious injuries that could require medical attention and result in long-term consequences. While some daycare injuries are truly “accidents” in nature, others are the result of daycare neglect, negligence or outright abuse.
If your child has suffered a head injury, be sure to get as much information as possible about the accident. Start by having your child examined and treated by a doctor as soon after the incident occurs as possible. And get answers to these questions:
- What caused the head injury? How did it happen? Who were the witnesses?
- Was my child being properly supervised at the time of the injury?
- Was my child injured due to a hazardous condition at the daycare?
- Is it possible my child’s head injury was caused by a physical assault or physical abuse?
- Does the daycare have a history of neglect or abuse, including formal charges?
- Does the daycare use camera surveillance? If so, was the incident captured on video?
- Did the daycare make an appropriate response to your child’s head injury?
- Has my child suffered a brain injury as a result?
Head injuries can have extremely serious consequences, especially for children. It is imperative that you understand how your child’s head injury occurred and that the person or entity at fault for the injury takes responsibility. Our attorneys can help make sure they do. To learn more about your legal options, contact Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313.