Though shocking, sexual nursing home abuse is a reality for far too many seniors in TX adult care programs. Unfortunately, elders often have difficultly communicating their abuse to others. What are the signs of sexual abuse in a nursing home?
- The appearance of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Your loved one has a fear of certain nursing home staffers or residents.
- Your loved one becomes suddenly withdrawn or depressed.
- Your loved one suddenly has trouble walking or complains of pain in the genital area.
- Your loved one has bruising on their thighs, buttocks, or breasts.