If you have an elder loved one living in a Texas nursing home or adult care center, it is vital that you are familiar with the signs of nursing home neglect:
- Bedsores or pressure sores.
- Frozen joints – your loved one is not often moved from bed or turned.
- Over medication – your loved one seems drugged or vacant.
- Unnecessary restraints.
- Malnutrition and weight loss.
- Dehydration and thirst.
- Long waits before being able to visit your loved one.
- Dirty clothing or bed sheets.
- An unclean or unsanitary environment.
- A sudden change in your loved one’s demeanor.
- Unkempt appearance – such as tangled hair or dirty fingernails.
- Signs of feces or urine on your loved one’s bed or clothes.