(214) 651-6100
1-877-405-4313 (toll-free) Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers
Send us an email! Call us!
by Jeff Rasansky -
Jeff Rasansky
Jeff Rasansky, managing partner of Rasansky Law Firm, is an aggressive Dallas personal injury lawyer with more than 25 years of legal experience.

Many—if not most—of the products that people buy these days are manufactured overseas. From the parts in your computer to the pots and pans in your kitchen to the shoes on your feet, overseas manufacturers provide many of the products that are used in the US. This opens up the obvious question, what can be done if something is defective about these products?

Talking to an attorney.

Defective imported products such as baby toys with lead paint, pet food that ended up causing animals to die and others have made it to our shores over the years. These products, however, are sometimes manufactured and designed by US companies. They still are responsible for what they put onto the market, even if what they produce is actually created and assembled in China or any other nation.

When you speak with an attorney about a defective product claim, they’ll usually do follow-up later to find out the answers to any questions that you couldn’t answer for them. If you have a product that has “Made in China” or any other information on it, remember that you still should go to an attorney to see who you might sue to get compensation for your financial and physical damages.

Design, advertising and manufacture.

Products can be defective in their designs, in their advertising and in their manufacture. Some products are defective because they are listed as being safe for children of a certain age but are not. Others are, unfortunately, only found to be dangerous after someone is injured in a way that the manufacturer did not predict. No matter how a product is defective, however, you may be able to sue over the matter.


If a product is defective and a recall is issued for it, you can find out everything you need about who manufactures it from the agency advertising the recall. This will usually be the Consumer Product Safety Commission or the Food and Drug Administration, though other agencies may be involved, as well.

Remember to follow the instructions given if you have a product that is recalled from the market. If you were injured by the product, talk to an attorney about the matter before you do anything else. This will let you know how long you have to decide whether or not you want to sue and whether or not a lawsuit might be a good option for you, at all.

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © 2019 Rasansky Law Firm - Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers. All Rights Reserved.