Injured in a car accident on Central Expressway in Dallas?
Central Expressway (AKA Highway 75) sees more than its fair share of car accidents. If you’ve been injured in a crash on Highway 75, we can help you with your claim for no out of pocket costs. Call us today at 1-877-405-4313.
If you are involved in a car accident on Central Expressway, it’s important to know what you need to do. If you were injured, you may be unable to follow all of the steps immediately, but hopefully someone will be able to take care of the important steps on your behalf. The following list provides the most-important steps to follow after an accident:
- Do not to leave the scene of the accident until it’s appropriate for you to do so. Leaving the scene early could result in criminal charges being filed against you, especially if the accident involved injuries or death.
- Take it upon yourself to check on the well-being of everyone who was involved in the accident. Call 9-1-1 and seek medical attention for those who are in need of it. Do not move anyone who is unconscious or has snack or back pain unless it is necessary to move them away from danger.
- Notify the police in all cases that involve substantial property damage, physical injury, or death.
- Obtain contact information from all drivers involved in the accident. You also want to obtain information for many passengers. Be cordial and cooperative with all drivers regardless of who is at fault.
- Approach witnesses to find out what they saw. Be sure to obtain contact information, if possible.
- If you were injured, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries do not present symptoms for several days, so it’s always wise to see your doctor immediately. If you cannot afford a doctor, speak with a personal injury attorney about obtaining medical care through a letter of protection.
- If you suffered any injuries, call and discuss your case with a personal injury attorney via a free consultation. An attorney can help handle your claim while you focus on recovering (and they don’t charge a fee unless they win your case).
- Get in touch with your insurance company. Make sure you are fully honest about what happened and how severe your injuries are. Do not give a recorded statement unless your attorney has approved.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all your medical treatment. It’s also a good idea to have copies of all medical reports and bills; you will need these later to prove the cost of your medical treatment. Do not give these documents to the insurance company; give them to your attorney so that they can prove your damages and draft a demand.
Central Expressway is considered one of Dallas’ most-dangerous highways.
According to a recent study by the Greater Dallas Injury Prevention Center Coalition, Central Expressway is quite dangerous to motorists. This particular highway is one of the main arteries in north Dallas, and as such, it stands to reason that it’s a common scene of serious car crashes.
While Central Expressway sees catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths on a daily basis, it’s also important to not that the service road of Highway 75 is home to some of the most-dangerous intersections in the city. The particular intersections identified in the aforementioned study (and our list of DFW’s most-dangerous intersections) are as follows:
- Central Expressway and Southwestern Blvd.
- Central Expressway and Lovers Lane
- Central Expressway and Caruth Haven Lane
- Central Expressway and Fitzhugh Avenue
- Central Expressway and LBJ (I-635)
- Central Expressway and US 380
While the study discovered that most of the accidents on the service road occurred in the evening hours, the majority of accidents on the actual highway occurred during the day. The main reason for this is likely to be the congestion on the Central Expressway caused by road construction. In addition, there have been frequent reports of accidents caused by wrong way drivers and/or drunk drivers.
On the positive side, it is quite possible that the circumstances surrounding your accident may have been captured on one of the many highway traffic cameras which dot Highway 75. In certain circumstances, your attorney may be able to obtain a copy of the video footage. Even if no footage exists of the accident, it’s in your best interests to discuss your case with an accident attorney as soon as possible following an injury accident. For a free consultation, call Rasansky Law Firm today at 1-877-405-4313.
Speak With a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.