Injured in an accident on the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SRT)?
The Sam Rayburn Tollway (and it’s frontage road, SH-121) is an accident hotspot on account of the traffic volume it experiences on a daily basis. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident on the SRT, call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313 to discuss your situation for free, and see how we may be able to help (at no cost to you).
Stretching from Grapevine to McKinney, the Sam Rayburn Tollway is a busy stretch of highway which sees multiple car accidents on a daily basis. Most of the accidents that occur on this highway do not result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities, but when traffic is moving at 70 mph, any collision could easily turn tragic.
A few of the most-serious accidents on the SRT have been caused by 18-wheelers and commercial trucks, but drunk drivers tend to be the biggest risk for drivers in Plano, Frisco, The Colony, and Lewisville. Alarmingly, distracted driving is often cited as a contributing factor in these car crashes, and the SRT has even seen it’s fair share of wrong-way accidents in its first 10 years of use.
What to do if you’ve been involved in an accident on the Sam Rayburn Tollway.
If there were no injuries:
- If the vehicles are still driveable, move off of the roadway to a safe place and away from passing traffic.
- Call the police and request an officer come and make an accident report (note that some cities will not respond to an accident scene unless there’s an injury).
- Check up on everyone involved and make sure they are okay.
- Get the other party’s contact information, as well as their insurance details.
- Take photos of the scene. If there are any witnesses, collect their contact information.
- If you feel as though you may have develop a soft-tissue injury, see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Call your insurance company and file an accident claim. Alternatively, you can file a claim directly with the other driver’s insurance company. They’re not going to be eager to help you though, which is why it’s usually advisable to file a claim through your own insurer.
If you or anyone else has been injured:
- If possible, call 911 immediately and request police/fire/EMS report to the scene.
- If you’re able to, check up on those who may have been injured and let them know emergency responders are on their way. Don’t move anyone unless they’re in danger (e.g., a car fire), as moving them could exacerbate their injuries.
- Get the other party’s contact information, insurance details, and a copy of the police report number. Collect witness information if possible, and take copious photos of the scene for evidence purposes.
- Seek medical care IMMEDIATELY. You have the legal burden of mitigating your damages, and failing to seek medical care immediately after the accident could affect your ability to recover compensation. If you cannot afford medical treatment, have your attorney find a doctor who will see you under a “letter of protection” (no cost to you).
- Before reporting the accident to the insurance company, speak with an auto accident attorney about your case. An attorney can help you avoid costly mistakes, especially if early on in the process. The insurance company is not on your side. They will always try to avoid liability, but your attorney’s job is to make sure you get every cent you’re owed.
At Rasansky Law Firm, we fight for our clients.
Our Dallas personal injury lawyers have been helping car accident victims recover compensation for over two decades, and we have a successful track record to prove it. If you’ve been hurt in an accident on the Sam Rayburn Tollway, call us at 1-877-405-4313 for a free consultation.
Our law firm only represents personal injury victims, and we’re happy to review the facts of your case free of charge. If we feel that we can help in your situation, you can hire us with just a signature. We charge nothing out of pocket and only work on contingency, meaning that the only way we get paid is if we actually win your case (and win you compensation).
Speak With a Dallas Car Accident Lawyer For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.