Open/Close Menu Dallas Personal Injury Attorneys
Out-of-State Car Accident Attorney

If you’ve been injured in a car accident while traveling through the state of Texas, our law firm may be able to help you.

When an individual is involved in a car accident in another state, it can frequently become a complicated affair. How complicated it may be depends on the extent of damages and injuries (as well as the laws in the state where the accident occurred). It is for this reason it’s in your best interest to consult with a personal injury attorney in the state where the accident occurred.

At Rasansky Law Firm, we’re happy to evaluate the facts of your case over the phone or via email, free of charge, and explain the legal options available to you. If we can help with your case, we’ll do so on contingency (no win, no pay). We know you’re out of state, but rest assured that this does not prevent us from helping you with your case. Call 1-877-405-4313 and let us deal with the insurance company while you focus on recovering from your injuries.

The potential complications of an out-of-state car accident.

Car Accident in Another State
Out-of-State Car Accidents

When involved in an accident in another state, your case will be governed by the laws of that state. Any resulting lawsuits would need to be filed in that state, and you need to hire an attorney who is licensed to practice within that state’s jurisdiction. Alternatively, if you’re filing a claim under your own policy (e.g., an uninsured motorist claim), it’s recommended that you seek the advice of an attorney in your home state.

Insurance laws vary widely from state to state, with two basic types of auto insurance systems: “no-fault” and “fault.”  Depending on the state you’re in, this could have a huge impact on the way your case is handled, as well as how much compensation you may be able to recover. This is just one more reason why it is vital to consult with an attorney in the state in which the accident occurred.

Minimum liability limits vary from state to state. Almost every state has different minimum coverage requirements, and this too could have an effect on the amount of compensation you may be able to seek from the other driver’s insurance company. On the other hand, if the policy you took out in your state met the minimum liability limits in force at that time, but you have an accident in a state with higher minimum requirements, your insurance company will have to honor those limits while you travel through that state.

If you plan to remain in a particular state for more than 30 days, you must notify your insurance company and adjust your policy. The reason for this is because many states no longer consider your car insurance valid if your stay extends beyond 30 days. Additionally, if you have acquired permanent residency in the state where the accident occurred but still maintain coverage in the state where you previously lived, it’s quite possible your insurance will be declared invalid. Permanent residents of a state must acquire car insurance and register their cars in that state. The only exception to the rule is military personnel who are permitted to live in one place for quite some time and still declare residency in another state.

We can handle the case for you from beginning to end.

If you’ve been injured in an accident while driving through Texas, call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313 today. Our Dallas attorneys can likely handle your claim without requiring you to return to the state. You have enough to worry about. Let us work on your case while you focus on more important things—like getting better.

Speak With a Texas Car Accident Attorney For Free

The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.

Copyright ©️ 2022 Rasansky Law Firm - Dallas Personal Injury Lawyers. All Rights Reserved.