If your child has suffered a birth injury due to medical malpractice, call our Dallas Birth Injury Attorneys at
What should be a joyous occasion can turn tragic in a matter of minutes when a doctor’s treatment falls below the accepted standard of practice in the medical community.
After a birth injury, your child’s life can be negatively affected and forever changed. Mental, physical, educational and work abilities have all been altered forever. Sadly, many birth injuries and deaths can and should have been prevented.
If your child’s birth injury was caused by the negligence of the medical staff involved, or by mistakes made during the delivery process, your family may be entitled to compensation – something a trained birth injury lawyer can help you with. The costs for caring for a child with severe birth injuries are staggering. You, as a parent, must hold those responsible accountable for their actions. You owe it to your child to give them the best quality of life possible, and monetary compensation can go a long way in ensuring this.
What is considered a birth injury?
Children can suffer from a variety of birth injuries that can lead to short or long-term consequences. Some of the more-common types include:
Doctors, nurses, midwives, and healthcare facilities can all contribute to birth trauma with their negligent actions, mistakes, errors – or their lack of action. Healthcare providers must respond quickly in a crisis, and any hesitation or mistakes when faced with unexpected bleeding, umbilical cord entrapment, or signs of fetal distress can result in a devastating birth injury or even wrongful death. Additionally, some birth injuries are caused by malfunctioning medical equipment, or improper medication.
How do you know if it was a preventable birth injury?
Many parents are reluctant to seek the counsel of birth injury lawyers when they suspect that their child was injured at birth. This feeling is understandable, but here are some things you should know:
- Injured children face an uncertain future. While some children may fully recover from some types of birth injuries, other children with brain damage, cerebral palsy, or nerve injuries will have long-term needs that may change over time. If you don’t know what the future holds for your child, how can you plan ahead for his or her care?
- Expenses for a birth injury can be very high. How will you pay for all the care your child needs over the course of his or her life? Will you be able to take time off work or hire somebody to help you? Will your child need special medications or therapy? All of this can add up to a great deal of money.
- If you are reluctant to take legal action, you could run out of time. If enough time passes, legally you and your attorney will no longer be able to seek justice for what the doctor or hospital did wrong. Even if not barred by the statute of limitations, if you wait too long, it may be hard to find the right medical records and other facts needed to support your case. Don’t lose your case by waiting!
Get help from our Dallas birth injury attorneys today!
Our Dallas birth injury lawyers will use our extensive experience and expertise to get you and your child the compensation you deserve, and will help you prepare for the future with a detailed life care plan. This plan will ensure that changing medical, financial and other needs are taken into account so that your child will be taken care of no matter what the future may bring.
Get the help that you, and more importantly, your child, needs now by contacting the birth injury lawyers at Rasansky Law Firm. We accept cases related to birth trauma, brain damage, wrongful death and cerebral palsy. Don’t wait, your case evaluation is always FREE and we take all birth injury cases on contingency .
Want to read more about birth injuries? Get this valuable book, “The Epidemic of Birth Injuries Caused by Medical Mistakes & Understanding Your Rights” at no cost, and learn about your legal rights.
Inside his FREE book, Dallas birth injury attorney, Jeff Rasansky explains birth injuries, medical mistakes, and the legal options available to you. You will also find valuable information about:
- The types and causes of birth injuries.
- Medical malpractice and birth injury statistics.
- How medical malpractice cases are evaluated.
- In-depth review of actual case files and lessons learned.
- The legal process and how to choose the right attorney.
Speak With a Dallas Birth Injury Attorney For Free
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.