While riding in a boat is a wonderful recreational activity, boating is susceptible to acts of negligence. If you have been injured in a boat accident that occurred as a result of another person’s negligence, contact Rasansky Law Firm for help today.
People generally understand the dangers of car accidents, but many underestimate the dangers of boat accidents. Many different types of boating accidents can occur: recreational boating accidents, cruise ship injuries, and accidents involving maritime workers.
Being involved in a boat accident can have an overwhelming impact on a person’s life. In many cases, victims are forced into area hospitals where they have to undergo immediate medical attention. Numerous victims require long-term care and treatment for their injuries. In some cases, victims are left to deal with permanent impairments and overwhelming pain and suffering indefinitely. Regardless of the type of boat or watercraft involved, you need to hire a local attorney who has experience handling boat accident injury claims and collect the damages you deserve for your injuries.
At Rasansky Law Firm, we believe victims should never be forced to spend tens of thousands of dollars on medical expenses and other damages they face as a result of another person’s negligence. For this reason, our Dallas boat accident lawyers provide aggressive legal representation to ensure our clients are able to recover.
If you would like to know more about a specific accident situation that you have experience, please, do not hesitate to contact our Dallas boat accident lawyers for your free case evaluation.
Most Common Types of Boat Accidents in Texas
Boating accidents can occur for a variety of reasons and in a variety of ways. Maritime injury laws cover most types of boating accidents in Texas, including:
- Accidents between two or more vessels
- Collisions between vessels and fixed objects in the water or near shore
- The death or injury of vessel employees
- Cargo or other commercial shipping accidents
- Flooding of a vessel
- Criminal activities resulting in injuries and damages on boats
- Labor regulations surrounding maritime employees
Being involved in a boat accident is not only extremely scary, the injuries sustained can be very painful. These boat accident injuries can lead to an extremely complicated legal situation for you everyone involved. It is crucial that you reach out to a specialized boat accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your legal rights are protected as soon as possible.
What to Do if You are in a Boat Accident in Texas
After a boat accident in Texas, things can be extremely confusing, overwhelming, and terrifying. Whenever possible, you should take various steps to ensure that you have options available should you need to take legal action after an injury boating accident or collision. Some things you should do following a boat accident include:
- Get Medical Treatment: Seek medical treatment as soon as possible following a boating accident. Even if you do not feel any pain immediately, you may have injuries with late-onset symptoms. It is crucial to begin treating and documenting any potential injuries in case you require further medical treatment.
- Get Insurance Information: It is crucial that you obtain insurance information and contact information from everyone involved. If you were injured in a work-related boat accident, it is crucial that you obtain the insurance information from your employer and/or the owner of other vessels involved.
- Report the Accident: Make sure that law enforcement responds to the scene of the crash. Police or Coast Guards can document the accident and provide you with a report number and summary. If you are injured on the job, you will need to report the accident to your employer or the vessel owner as soon as possible.
- Gather Evidence: It is crucial that you have adequate evidence in support of your claim. Evidence you gather should demonstrate the suffering you endured as a result of another person’s actions. Take pictures that show the damage done to you or your vessel, gather witness statements and contact information, and police reports. Additionally, you should gather medical reports surrounding your injuries or your loved ones in cases where victims lose their lives in accidents.
Working with a reputable boat accident attorney in Dallas will ensure you get the justice and compensation you deserve after your accident. Call Rasansky Law Firm today to speak to a skilled and knowledgeable boat accident lawyer about your injury accident to see if you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Staggering boat accident statistics.
There are 12 million registered boat owners in the U.S. Regrettably, there are hundreds of wrongful deaths and thousand of injuries related to boat crashes in any given year. These statistics are indeed sobering, considering that the total fatality rate increases year-to-year.
Whether you were on White Rock Lake, Lewisville Lake, Lake Texoma, Eagle Mountain Lake, Lake Palestine, Possum Kingdom Lake, Lake Whitney, Lake Grapevine, or Joe Pool Lake, your next step should be to call us to discuss your options.
The most common reasons for boat accidents include the following:
- Boating under the influence of alcohol
- Careless or reckless operation of the boating vehicle
- The boat operator not paying attention
- Operator inexperience
- Careless passenger behavior
- Careless or reckless passenger behavior
- Equipment failures
- Slippery boat decks
- Improperly maintaining the boat
- Lack of preparation
If you sustain injuries in a boat accident as a result of another person’s reckless or negligent actions, it is imperative that you contact a Dallas boat accident lawyer as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation to help alleviate the financial burdens you face moving forward.
Our Team Can Help You Move Forward after Your Boat Accident
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm understand that a boat accident is overwhelming, confusing, and stressful. Many victims suffer from life-altering injuries that require extensive medical treatment and alter the way they live. Victims recovering from accidents have a difficult time focusing on their injuries and recovery, which makes dealing with insurance companies and ensuring that their legal rights are protected even more challenging. Rather than dealing with the complex legal system alone, victims can benefit exponentially by reaching out to a boat accident attorney in Texas to get the justice they deserve.
Rasansky Law Firm’s reputable Dallas boat accident attorneys provide a plethora of services for boat accident victims, including handling:
- Documentation: Our attorneys begin immediately to gather documents and evidence surrounding your accident. We reach out to your doctors and providers to gather medical records, billing statements, care plans, and insurance information. These documents provide critical insight to help us better understand the extent of your injuries and the damages that occurred as a result of the accident.
- Investigation: The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm go out to the scene of each of our clients’ accidents to gather evidence in support of their claims. We take pictures, collect security footage, dashcam footage, police records, and various other documents and pieces of evidence that show how your accident happened and why.
- Help you recover: After putting together a solid claim, we aggressively negotiate full and fair compensation to ensure those harmed are able to cover the costs they face moving forward. If we are unable to come to a settlement agreement with the at-fault party, our team provides aggressive legal representation in a trial to ensure you get the outcome you expect for your claim.
Contact Rasansky Law Firm at your earliest convenience to get started with your claim.
Types of Boat Accident Claims We Handle at Rasansky Law Firm
Our attorneys have extensive experience helping boat accident victims maximize their recoveries after being harmed. We have helped numerous victims with boat accident claims involving a variety of circumstances, including accidents caused by:
- Negligence: The negligent operation of a boat can lead to fatal accidents in an instant. Although it may not be apparent that the operator of the boat acted negligently, there are various actions that boat operators engage in that are considered negligent, including:
- Hitting waves at excessive speeds
- Navigating into heavy water, which causes an occupant of the boat to fall overboard
- Making contact with the propeller or causing someone else to make contact
- Operating the boat at a high rate of speed
- Not having adequate safety devices or equipment on board
- Colliding with other boats or fixed objects in and around the water
- Not knowing the rules of operation
- Overcrowding or overloading the vessel beyond reason
- Boating Under the Influence: Operating a vessel while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited in the state of Texas. If a person is driving a boat while impaired, they can be held liable for all resulting injuries and damages in accidents they cause. Like with other vehicles, boat operators are required to maintain a blood alcohol content level of 0.08% or below. Operators under the age of 21 are considered to be intoxicated if their BAC is above 0.02%.
- Reckless and Careless Operation: Boat operators who willfully disregard the safety of other people or property can be held liable for any resulting injuries or damages from accidents they cause.
If you sustained injuries in a boat accident, act quickly to protect your legal rights. Contact a Dallas boat accident lawyer at Rasansky Law Firm to explore legal options available for you.
Ignorance is Not An Excuse for Recklessness in a Boat
Whether you are on a lake enjoying a day in the sun, out for a fun-filled day of water skiing, or bating your hook for fishing, you are dependent on other people following proper safety procedures. You trust that they will be responsible, careful, and experienced boat operators. You expect that they will place your safety above everything else. Not only should the boat operator be educated on how to operate their boat but he or she must see to it that all reasonable precautions are taken to prevent injury from happening. The boat operator is also responsible for ensuring the boat is properly functioning and not a defective model.
Reasonable precautions might also involve requiring passengers wearing proper personal flotation devices or having appropriate PFD’s available on the boat. One has to also consider whether the operator acted responsibly in allowing passengers-such as small children-on a boat in the first place.
Unfortunately, even with the proper precautions taken, accidents occur. When they do, you may need the help of an experienced law firm such as Rasansky Law Firm. If you feel that you have a case, do not hesitate to contact our boat accident lawyers for a free evaluation.
Speak With a Dallas Personal Injury Attorney For Free
Here in Texas, there are more than 580,000 registered boat owners. Although most operators act responsibly while controlling their vessels, we continue to see victims injured in accidents at an alarming rate. Hundreds of boat accidents take place throughout the state of Texas each year. These accidents leave numerous people with debilitating injuries that demand both immediate and long-term care. When people suffer injuries in boat accidents, due to the negligence of others, it is imperative that they reach out to a boat accident attorney in Texas as soon as possible.
The Dallas boat accident lawyers at Rasansky Law Firm have nearly three decades of experience fighting to protect the legal rights of victims after being harmed in boat accidents throughout the state of Texas. Our team provides responsive and proven legal representation to ensure our clients are able to recover from their accidents.
We strive to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to cover both economic and non-economic damages as they face moving forward. Our team stops at nothing to ensure those harmed are in the best position to move forward from their accidents.
If you were injured in a boat accident, as a result of another person’s actions, contact our boat accident lawyers in Dallas as soon as possible.
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.