Have you been injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler truck in Dallas or anywhere in the state of Texas? Call the experienced truck accident attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-405-4313 for a FREE case evaluation.
Big rig, semi, and 18-wheeler accidents are particularly dangerous due to their sheer size and mass. Passenger vehicles tend to take the brunt of these collisions, which often times results in serious and even fatal injuries.
Why do truck accidents occur so frequently on Texas roads? Oftentimes it comes down to profits over safety. Our Dallas truck accident attorneys have witnessed trucking companies claim that they are revising their safety policies and procedures time and again in an effort to reduce the number of deadly accidents. Unfortunately these new protocols are rarely put into action and trucking companies continue placing profits ahead of the safety of other motorists.
DID YOU KNOW: Over 15 million trucks are driving on the road in any given year, and in that time there are over 400,000 truck accidents leading to over 100,000 injuries.
7 common causes of truck-vs-car accidents in Dallas:
- Speeding: When a truck driver speeds in order to meet a deadline, he or she is acting recklessly. Attempting to move an 80,000 pound road monster faster then the speed limit is never a good idea. It is very hard to stop when you have that much weight and mass behind you.
- Heavy Payloads: Heavy loads can compromise the balance of an 18-wheeler truck. When a trucker is carrying an unusually heavy load, it becomes more difficult to maneuver and stop even at normal speeds. In addition, when a loaded-down truck does hit car, the damage is far more severe. Flatbed trucks and tanker trucks are notorious for this, but dump trucks and garbage trucks are often just as bad.
- Lack of Maintenance: Maintaining semi trucks is necessary to avoid mechanical failure. If a truck is not properly maintained, even the safest truck driver is at a much greater risk of causing an accident. One mechanical failure such as brakes or suspension is, unfortunately all it takes to cause a deadly accident to happen.
- Lack of Sleep: Truckers are human just like the rest of us and when they are overworked or sleep-deprived, they make mistakes. It’s important to realize that many experienced truckers are paid by the mile, and thus want to push their bodies to the limit in order to earn a better paycheck. In essence, when they sleep, they lose money. Because of this, many truck drivers push themselves too far and end up falling asleep at the wheel. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) already allows truckers to drive as much as 11 hours at a time. Some truckers have been found falsifying hours-of-service records in order to appease their bosses or increase their pay.
- Highway Hypnosis: This condition refers to a sort of trance-like state that occurs after a driver goes thousands of miles watching the same monotonous road scenery. Eventually a driver can zone out, causing an inhibited ability to react in an appropriate manner.
- Blind Spots: One of the first thing new drivers learn when taking a semi truck driving test is to avoid the blind spot. Most mirror systems on trucks do not allow the trucker a full view of the area behind them. Loud engine noise also tends to drown out any honks from concerned motorists. This makes it very easy for them to accidentally sideswipe other vehicles.
- Carelessness or Recklessness: Last, but not least, some truckers simply negligent in their attitude that other motorists should yield to them because of their massive size. Not every motorist can and the results can be deadly.
Why are 18-wheeler truck accidents so deadly?
18-wheeler accidents can cause serious injuries and death due to their massive size compared to other vehicles on the road. This means greater force upon impact. The typical injuries that result from 18 wheeler collisions include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, brain damage, and even wrongful death
The truck accident lawyers at Rasansky Law Firm evaluate each 18 wheeler truck accident thoroughly looking at every possible angle, and every potential party that may share in the blame. Potentially-liable parties could include the trucking company operating the semi, the manufacturer of your car or of the 18-wheeler (in respect to product defect), road construction companies failure to provide appropriate notice of road defects or road hazards, fleet maintenance companies for failing to maintain the vehicle, and others.
The laws involved in truck accident cases are very difficult to navigate for most, and are often wildly complex. Because of this, it’s extremely important that you talk to a lawyer about your case as soon as possible after your accident. Our experienced truck accident attorneys will evaluate your case at no cost to you. We can take your case on a contingency basis, which means there are No Fees unless we win your case.
Contact a Dallas truck Accident lawyer Today.
Do not try to negotiate with the negligent party on your own! Trucking companies are ruthless when it comes to tricking victims into ruining their own case. They will try and minimize your claims, distort the facts, and will outright lie to you. Never accept their terms, and do not attempt to negotiate! Doing this only diminishes the value of your case. Being represented by a knowledgeable attorney ensures you have the best chance to get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Rasansky Law Firm to speak with a Dallas 18 wheeler accident lawyer today at 1-877-405-4313. If your case is accepted, there is no up-front cost to you. We only get paid if we’re successful at recovering compensation in your case. We take all the financial risk so that you can focus on recovery.
The Rasansky Law Firm did an outstanding job representing my family after my father’s accident. Not only were they top notch in professionalism, but the level of kindness and compassion they showed to us will never be forgotten. I would always trust them with any legal issue I would ever have in the future.
– Sharry Stevens ★★★★★
Speak With a Truck Accident Lawyer For Free. 24/7.
The attorneys at Rasansky Law Firm are happy to speak to you about your potential case free of charge. If we can help with your claim, we’ll do so for no out-of-pocket cost to you. Call us 24/7 at (214) 651-6100, or toll-free at 1-877-405-4313.