You might read about daycare abuse in newspapers, but you might know less about daycare neglect. Unfortunately, although daycare neglect gets less press, it is still a dangerous problem in Dallas childcare centers. Here are some warning signs of daycare neglect:
- Your child is unusually hungry or thirsty upon arriving home from daycare.
- Your daycare discourages drop-in visits from parents.
- Your daycare has a very small staff.
- Your child often comes home from daycare very dirty or with a dirty diaper.
- Your child has unexplained bruises or injuries.
- Your child suddenly begins to act out or display aggressive behavior.
- Your child suddenly withdraws.